Friday, January 6, 2012

To 2012

There's no way around it. Everyone has resolutions. Even you, and you and you who say you don't, everyone has something they want to better, whether it be January 1st or June 1st. 

As the calender changed, and I traded in December 2011 for January 2012, I got thinking about my own. And while I know you're all thinking there couldn't possibly be anything I'd want to change about my life in 2012, I actually couldn't settle on just one. Mine reads more as a resolution list, and let me tell you 2012--you've got your work cut out for you:


*Get off my fat ass Get back on the wagon. My registration (and $85, ouch that hurts) is submitted for my second Pittsburgh Half Marathon, May 6th 2012, and I'm going to be ready. More ready than last year, and more ready than Philadelphia. In fact, I'll be breaking 2:08 this year.. 

*Neglect less. I have been a neglectful parent; blog parent that is. I look back at my posted history and see how excited, how full of ideas (or problems?) I was at this time last year, and ultimately how it slowly weened off as the months progressed. I'll be here, releasing my stress in a healthy way electronically. Sharing and (hopefully) being read on the other end. 

*Remember my stock pile of stuffed shells? 
While "procrastinate less" should have really made the cut on this list, lets face it, I'm a realist. Instead my stock pile will have more variety. I'm going to try a new recipe every week 2 weeks month .... the details are still being worked out. This week on the menu? Homemade chicken pot pie 

*Talk less, listen more (in my real live life that is).. 

*See my family more. With two beautiful nieces growing every day and a sister who may be moving half way across the country later this year, there's plenty to catch up on. Visit, call, Skype, whatever I can fit in. 
*Learn how to be a big kid. Finish school, find a job, become a productive member of society, pay my own cell phone bill for starters. Earn an actual paycheck. This falls at the bottom because while most important, it still scares the bejesus out of me.
Well 2012, there is it. Its crazy to think about what this last year brought. Hell, I can just look back here to see. But as each year is, 2012 will be uniquely different from last year and the year to follow. Between the goals I've laid out for myself and the curve balls I know unfortunately lie ahead, its going to be one interesting year.

So? Let's do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment