Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Lacking and Slacking

Ever get in a funk and realize, maybe you're just not all there today? I think if you opened up my head today you'd find absolutely nothing.

When I wrote about our big adventure, I joked that things would slow down eventually, maybe around Christmas time. But after these last few weeks, I'm beginning to think I may be eating my words.

So little time, so much to do. Is it lacking or slacking? I couldn't tell you, but lately it seems like a everything is falling into one of these piles:

Mornings fueled by coffee, afternoons by Red Bull and weekends scheduled here there and everywhere; a lack of sleep. 

Papers, projects and chapters finished at the 11th hour that take just as long to complete, yet only contain about half the effort; a slack of motivation. 

A half marathon exactly two months away, yet a schedule and routine that are continuously interrupted; a slack of exercise (also see, "slack of motivation.")

A light at the end of the tunnel, so dimly lit its almost completely disappeared; a lack of attention to school. 

Two overdrawn bank accounts in one day and a pre-work meltdown filled with tears and bad words; a lack of money (also see, "a lack of sleep.")

A blog that sits unloved, unattended and nearly forgotten for 10 days; a slack of attention.

Here's to a lack-less and slack-less tomorrow..

No comments:

Post a Comment