Sunday, June 5, 2011

Everything's Bigger in NYC

Move over Texas, I think New York City just took the title. 

This weekend I took a long overdue trip to see some of my college roommates and spent a great weekend in New York City. As I've touched on before, its amazing how the weekends slip away, weeks turn into months, and before you know it you haven't seen your closest friends in nearly six months. Not only did this weekend confirm how much I miss my girls, but it also reconfirmed what I've been saying for quite some time now: my life should be a reality show (are you writing this down MTV execs)? So welcome to a special episode, I think this one would have been an hour long special and I think it would have been entitled "Everything's Bigger in New York City."

So please, join me on this photographic journey as I try my best to explain whats so big in NYC.
The nightlife: What's bigger in NYC? The nightlife. Case in point, see above. This was our view from the rooftop party we attended on Friday night. After casually strolling out of the apartment around 12:15 am, this is where we ended up. To be honest, I think this is how P. Diddy parties. While we're being honest I'm actually a little surprised I didn't see him there. Bottle service (which we did not pay for) check, bumpin beats, check, dance circle, check. And my personal favorite? Snuggies, check..
Ok, so maybe they more resemble bathrobes but lets not get off track here. The point is they were another larger than life (literally, I was swimming in mine) VIP addition to our night outdoors. Free booze, free snuggies and a skyline view of the city. Not too shabby. So was the tagline of the night, "I could do this every night..."

Housewives: As I think we all know by now, my name is Meghan and I am addicted to Bravo. While visiting NYC not only was I convinced that I would make my way into the Cash Cab, but also that I would run into every New York Housewife, and maybe if I was lucky New Jersey too. So imagine my delight when I found out that the apartment we were spending the weekend in was right next to theeee Real Housewife of New York Sonja Morgan's house (to most of you, this means nothing--I understand that I should be embarrassed, but I am quite the opposite). At roughly 4:00am I though this was the coolest picture in the world, but now in the light of day its just plain creepy.  At the time me plus a bravolebrity's house = BIG.


The landmarks: How can you visit New York City without seeing all of the landmarks that make NYC so special? The Empire State Building, Central Park, The Statue of Liberty. Well after sleeping in until 12:30pm, we were pressed for time. We may have cut a few corners, but to be honest I don't think anyone will be able to tell: 

The appetites: This weekend, we ate and drank like it was our last meal. Every. Single. Night. In an effort to save money, Saturday night we old farts of 23 years decided to stay in, cook a nice meal and share some wine. The result? More empty bottles of wine than I care to share, and this, a casual Saturday night dinner: 
Please do not adjust your televisions computer screens. What are you looking at you might wonder? Steak, ribs, pork, coconut shrimp, round two of veggies (asparagus and cauliflower) and the ever so necessary pasta side. If this was our dinner spread, use your imagination on the wine.. 

After barely being fed at dinner (insert sarcasm), a french toast breakfast was in order for the morning:
What will I pack with me on my next trip? Stretch pants.

Do you see what I mean about this reality show? Everything was super sized in New York City this weekend, including the doubled over laughing moments, the six months worth of stories to catch up on and the great company. 

And as it goes with any great time, I told myself next time I won't wait so long. Afterall, we've got rooftop parties to crash..

No comments:

Post a Comment