Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I'm Lovin' It

Ba da ba ba ba.....

Mmmm McDonalds. I wish. Anyways, today is Wednesday, which in my book is reason enough to celebrate. Half way there. Hump Day. No classes day. Take your pick. Also, as far as I'm concerned, it's finally spring. Someone woke up on the right side of the bed today and I couldn't help but share with you all everything I'm lovin' today!

Spring: Dare I say it (everyone hold your breathe here), it is finally spring. Praise Jesus. While I could do without the overcast weather, the only thing that matters is that it is warm. As an upstate New Yorker it has taken me until almost May to realize that my winter coat may be in the closet for good, and I may (gasp) not need a coat at all soon. Nothing like eliminating the bulk and being totally comfortable walking out the door without the sweater/coat/mittens/boots/change of shoes/etc. Bye bye!

Sleep.Sleep.Sleep: Every time my boyfriend leaves it takes my body and my mind about two days to sync back up to the same speed. I typically refer to it as my emotional jet lag. Monday night I slept for 9 hours (unheard of on a weekday), but still had a groggy case of the Tuesdays the next day. Today, with my boss being gone for the day, I snoozed the alarm, got an extra half hour of sleep (and may or may not have sacrificed a shower along the way..shh), and felt no rush getting into work. I took my time, enjoyed my coffee and was only 20 minutes late. More importantly, I feel 100% back to normal. Talk about a win-win.

Good Start: Lets call a spade a spade here. The Philadelphia public transportation system is no dream to ride. But really, is there anything better than walking down to the subway and catching the train right as it arrives? Without missing a beat? Call me easy to please (or maybe I'm just spewing rainbows this morning), but it was a great way to start the day.


Easter: Although I was just home two weeks ago for my impromptu visit, I have been counting the days to return home for Easter. What can I say?! I miss mah girls, its another event to put on the calendar to make the weeks fly by, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't salivating now at the thought of all the food I'll be consuming. Sweet, sweet, upstate New York. 


An end in sight: I would be lying if I said this semester wasn't a test of mental endurance. For as fast as the winter has moved along, this semester has simultaneously dragged along. Today looking at my calendar I saw it--the end! Weekends filled until the end of the semester, upcoming summer plans, plane ticket locked and loaded for my big race. Its here. Its really really upon me. And lets be honest, if the thought of seeing this face doesn't get you through the weeks, I don't know WHAT would.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment